My name is Lexi Larson, and I am addicted to Netflix.
There. I SAID IT. I spend way too much time watching shows and movies when I should probably be working…oh well, what can ya do!
Anyway, I thought I would use today’s post to share with you my top 5 favorite T.V. shows and movies that you might not have seen yet. Obviously we all love The Office, How I Met Your Mother and Stranger Things. I tried to pick movies and shows that aren’t quite as popular in an attempt to give you some good options you haven’t already watched. But, lets be real, I am pretty unoriginal when it comes to T.V., so don’t set your expectations too high. I’m that basic…you know what…who will sit on her couch and watch The Real Housewives of whatever town for hours on end. Accept me for who I am!
Without further ado, here there are!
Top 5 Netflix T.V. Shows
- Riverdale. OK, this first pick is pretty basic. But it’s new, and it’s really good. I love it. I’ll be the first to admit that I watch lots of shows just because I love the actor/actress starring in it. When I saw Cole Sprouse Instagramming about his new show, I had to see it. And I wasn’t disappointed! Basically it involves a murder in a small town, and all the cover ups that go along with that. Five stars!
- Young & Hungry. This show is about a chef (Emily Osment) who works for a wealthy businessman. They hook up (would it be a real TV show if they hadn’t?) and chaos ensues. It isn’t one of those shows that sucks you in, but it is definitely a very entertaining, light watch. Great for putting on if you just want to throw on a show, sit back and enjoy some OK comedy. Wow, I’m making it seem so boring. I promise it’s not! Also, I love Emily Osment.
- LOVE. I am a sucker for Netflix originals. They’re just so good!!! This series follows a cute love story between the two people in the blurry picture above this description. They live in LA, they’re not perfect, and it’s just a really good depiction of what relationships are like in real life.
- Skins!!! I love this show. Very inappropriate, so don’t watch with your family, but great nonetheless. It follows a bunch of teenagers through their crazy ups and downs. AND: You’d better watch the British version. It’s the original and it’s just better. Also, my mom is from England and she would kill me if I recommended the American knock-off version.
- The Great British Baking Show, lol. This one is just cute. You watch American food competition shows and everyone is screaming and yelling. Then you watch this, and all the judges and contestants are so nice and, well, British. They bake yummy food and you get to watch. Need I say more??
I hope you haven’t already seen all of these…lol. Anyway, those are some of my favorites and I hope you enjoy!
Top 5 Netflix Movies
- You Get Me. To be honest, I watched this because I saw Bella Thorne tweeting about it, and I am a curious person. I wasn’t expecting much, but it was actually pretty good. It’s basically about a girl (Bella Thorne) who becomes obsessed with this guy and tries to ruin his life just a little bit. The ending has a crazy twist, which I always appreciate.
- The Fundamentals of Caring. Once again, I watched it because I knew an actress; this time it was Selena Gomez. But it is SO good. This kid in a wheelchair goes on a road trip with his caregiver friend and they pick up Selena along the way. It’s a nice, feel-good movie.
- Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging. This movie is an oldie but a goodie. OK, not that old, but early 2000’s at least. It’s your typical teen drama, but it’s super cute and a really good movie in my opinion. Plus they’re British! Yay!
- A Girl Like Her. This movie is pretty dark. It deals with suicide and bullying, but I think it was well made and it spreads an important message. It does a good job of showing all of the different perspectives, which I like.
- Zack and Miri Make A Porno. In this movie, Seth Rogan and Elizabeth Banks are so broke that they resort to shooting a porno to make some money. It’s full of inappropriate humor (my favorite kind) and lots of nudity. Two thumbs up! Lol.
Those are my top five movies and shows, guys. Hopefully this helps some of you out on your quest for binge-worthy content. If you have any suggestions I would LOVE to hear about them in the comments! I feel like I’m running low on stuff to watch and it’s bumming me out. Help me find new movies!